Friday, July 6, 2007

I Skinned My Knee

If you know anything about skateboarding or me you would know that I don't skate. Well that's not entirely true now. There are these kids who go over to the youth pastor's house on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Friday evenings who skate. In fact the reason they do is because the youth pastor, Larry, Built a mini quarter pipe outside in his back yard. So because I want to be able to connect with the punks (and they ARE punks, just very fun ones) I have been attempting to learn to skate. I can pretty much skate on flat land and can even pull off an ollie (which is causing the board to jump with you). So God is definitely helping me in that.

Well I said all that to say. Yesterday, I decided to drop in on the quarter pipe. I was REALLY close too! I stood on the edge and everything in my body was telling me "NO NO NO NO NOOOOO!" But you guys no me. I don't listen to anyone sometimes and well, I ignored my body's objections and leaned in to "drop in". Well everything went by quickly after that. I went in, leaned back too far as I fell, and landed on my knee (I have no idea how I pulled that off) and skinned it as I slid down the rest of the pipe. From what I understand my front wheels were about half an inch away from touching the side and so that was the reason I fell. I was close! I think I earned some respect points for trying though. I mean, to them I'm an old guy trying to be hip.

So all that being said, I am not going to attempt that again until I get my own board and get a little more comfortable just sliding into a vert position, but I WILL try again. Maybe by the time December rolls around I can do some tricks while rolling, what a thought!

Other than that, there really hasn't been anything too exciting going on, I wonder how everyone is doing at life... Welp, catch ya laters peeps.

No comments: