Monday, June 11, 2007

Life Is A Bit Topsy-Turvy

Well love is great, and God is good. Despite these two great facts, life has been rather chaotic. Not physically, but spiritually it has been everywhere, and lately I have been feeling a bit lost. Not knowing what I am going to do for the fall, because Toccoa is definitely not looking like an option at this point, which is a little sad, but honestly I am calm and have peace. So although I don't know what is in store for me this year, I do know and rely fully on the fact that God is in control.

I have been offered an internship with a pastor in Kentucky. I met him at a camp/retreat two years ago, and he offered me an internship last year. Which leads me to why I am making this post. I don't really know what is to become of me and where I am going but I do know now that God wants me to take up this opportunity to learn and be trained under a pastor and youth pastor. The thing is there is no guarantee of anything except that it is where God wants me to be. I don't know if I'll be payed anything, if I have a place to stay yet, or even what I am doing. And despite all these uncertainties I am completely serene when I think about all this. Which is just another confirmation that this is where I am being led. I don't know how long I'll be doing this. I don't really know anything haha.

The downside to this is that I don't think that I'll be able to go to Dustin's wedding or Chile which is almost heart wrecking because I haven't seen her for almost a year, and it hurts that I may not be able to see her this summer. But again despite all this I am at peace, and I already told God that I would be willing to forgo Chile if that is what I was asked to do. *sigh*

So to all you faithful readers, know now that my life is about to make a huge leap in a direction I have never considered before and because of that it will probably be a huge changing experience. So all your prayers would be most appreciated. I'll post when I can.
Later Guys.

Much love from the bottom of my heart

2 comments:

Erik said...

I am praying for you - it sounds like you have a fair amount of decisions to be making.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

From the Book of the Samurai (the Hagakure):

"Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall there was this one: 'Matters of great concern should be treated lightly.' ...Among one's affairs there should not be more than two or three matters of what one would call great concern. If these are deliberated upon during ordinary times, they can be understood. Thinking about things previously and then handling them lightly when the time comes is what this is all about. To face an event and solve it lightly is difficult if you are not resolved beforehand, and there will always be uncertainty in hitting your mark. However if the foundation is laid previously, you can think of the saying, 'Matters of great concern should be treated lightly,' as your own basis for action."

Ok, long quote, sorry about that. Just keep in mind your Foundation as you make your decisions. What is it that is the center of your life, that everything else ought to revolve around?

It doesn't mean they will be easy decisions, just that they should be treated "lightly".

Maybe this will help. :)