Monday, August 20, 2007

Life is... interesting

Well it's been a while since my last post, and thankfully I don't feel the numbness that I did then. Maybe I was just having a bad week, but who knows *shrugs* Life is full of surprises, and that is what makes it worth living. For the thrill of the Adventure to come and what has passed. God is good.

Speaking of God... Not that I doubted before, but now I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that God wants me to be here in Clarksville doing this whole interning thing. Here are my reasons: I've been feeling a bit cruddy lately for no apparent reason, my car is falling apart from the inside out (the ash tray cover is broke, the middle pocket cover thing is completely broke off and sits there only because I need an arm rest, the driver's side front panel is bent in [which happened somehow between me going into the bank and coming out within 5 minutes], and my car engine doesn't crank sometimes. I had points when I would turn the key six or seven times and it wouldn't even whir, but thankfully it's working more than not, which allowed me to get to the house last night and of course come to church today to do bulletin stuff, and make this post.), and finally my great uncle Eddy died on the way home Monday afternoon (That may not have been when he died, but that is when I learned about it), so if that isn't an attack by the enemy I don't know what is. Not to mention my landlords have a relative who has cancer and could die at any moment. Though this news is sad, and some of it is frustrating, it is still a great encouragement to me to remind me that this is indeed where I need to be right now.

These past couple of months have been really interesting, and very good for me. I can't really say thank you enough to my God, my parents, and my friends.

This past week has been really frustrating, because I go home for reason, and come back having felt the week was completely pointless. I went down to have lasik surgery done so that I wouldn't need to wear glasses again for a while (no one's eyesight remains perfect after a certain age). However, when I get there I find out that my cornea's are flat and that if I had lasik done it would allow no room for "retreatment" so now we are working on this ICL think which is basically an implant that goes in between my iris and crystalline lens. So essentially they are going to put a contact in my eye instead of on my eye. Which should prove interesting... it works a lot like Cataract surgery does from what I understand. So I'll spending the next three weeks going to Alabama for eye stuff and then returning to Clarksville the same week to do my job. A lot of driving, and I need to get my oil changed. *sigh* Life is so complex sometimes.

I've got nothing else to say at this point really so I think I'll call it quits for now. Later taters!

No comments: