Sunday, September 30, 2007

Today was Wee

So I'm pretty sure that I can't get any sleep until I proclaim how awesome God is.

For those who don't know, I preached my very first sermon. Bona-fide, authentic, preaching, and God definitely worked through me in a way I didn't expect. I was shocked, amazed, at what God had been saying through me. I had so many people tell me that I did a good job, but all I could say is that it belonged to God. Jerry himself was like, "I was amazed at what came out of your mouth." Well he isn't alone. I was grateful that God was speaking to me, I was preaching to myself more than anything, because it was on things I was going through, and it led to people coming up for prayer, I was SHOCKED!! God blew me out of the water with His blessing and I cannot take any credit for any word I spoke. I only hope I can continually give Him full reign over my words in the sermons to come.

I was glad my parents were there to hear my first sermon. That meant a lot to me.

So basically, everyone was amazed at what I said, and I said what God told me, so everyone was amazed at the message God had for them. I am glad that He used me, and I hope he continues. At it seems a little direction has been given to me. In fact it was rather point blank, weee. I hope I can get a recording so I can see how to improve, and also, it might sound weird, so I won't forget the first experience of God using me in a way that was visible to me.

K I'm going to bed. As the proverb says "do not praise yourself with words, allow others to do so." I'm paraphrasing, but eh, you get the point. Nighty Night.

No comments: