Friday, October 12, 2007

What I Learned Today

So there are a couple of things I learned about myself today while pulling weeds in the front of the church and doing other miscellaneous tasks.

1) I am really insecure about my singing, haha. I wonder if that is true with everyone, on anything they are good at. I mean, singing is one of the few things that I consider myself good at, and the things I am most confident in my skill in, I am also very insecure about them. I don't understand this, maybe it's God's way of keeping me humble, or maybe it's some demon just trying to distract me from praising God, maybe a little bit of both. Anyway, that was just a random thought that came to mind.

2) I am always the most at peace just before I hear bad news. Some of the worst news I have ever heard has always been preceded by indescribable peace. Today is a great example. I was just really content and at peace emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, and then around 9:30 I get a call from my brother that my uncle had died early in the morning. I am still at peace, but I find it odd sometimes that God would love me enough to basically but a "bumper" to lessen the blow of bad news. God is good.

and finally

3) I should not eat more than 4 donuts on any day because right about half way through the fourth one my teeth will start shouting at me for eating too much sweets, heh.

No comments: